Monday, April 16, 2012

a lunch bag {patchwork style}


I have made a few lunch bags for Logan, but I never attempted one for me.  Since I just started a new job, I thought it would be fitting to bring a new lunch bag along with me.

I used this tutorial by Ayumills from Pink Penguin, but I added some patchwork.  This lunch bag is really unique and I love the drawstring cover that helps keep everything inside . . . especially if I fall.


At first I thought the bag might be too small to fit all my food, but thankfully I was wrong.  As long as my tupperware stays properly portioned for one, everything fits.

This project took me all day.  I'm talking at least 6 to 7 hours.  This project could certainly be made in less time, but I spent a lot of time ripping seams and getting everything just right.  If I was going to spend the time making something for me that would give me happy giggles at work, I was going to do it right.


I used linen for most of the outside and quilting cotton for the patchwork, straps, and cover.  The only thing I did differently than the tutorial was to double the length of the cover so that it could be folded in half and show the right side of the fabric from both the outside and inside. 

For the interior lining, I used two red placemats that I found on clearance at Target.  I wanted the interior to wipe clean of any spills on the inside.


I just love this little bag.  It's pretty and sturdy and really fun to cart around.

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute! And you put in to words exactly how I feel about stuff I make to take to work with me: "happy giggles!". Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete