Wednesday, February 16, 2011

red, white, & blue (& green) quilted body pillow cover



This body pillow cover is for my dad for his birthday today!

He bought a body pillow several months ago to help comfort his aging muscles, but I heard from my sister that he was having a hard time finding pillow covers for it.  So I decided to make one from the fabric I had leftover from the Patriotic Salute quilt that I made for his 60th birthday last year.

I have a really annoying problem.  I don't like waste.  So when I figure measurements in my head, I only leave a 1/4 inch seam allowance.  This allowance is perfect for my sewing techniques, but when I measure something incorrectly, it throws off the entire project.  This pillow cover was supposed to be 18 inches by 44 inches.  The finished dimensions are actually 17.5 inches by 41.5 inches.  Sigh.


So he will have to use his 61-year-old muscles to jam that pillow inside this cover.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment