Saturday, January 1, 2011

my 2011 crafty resolutions

1. Spend less time thinking.  Spend more time doing. 

We all love to buy fabric, but I've found that I spend more time trying to find the perfect project for my fabric that I often get nothing done.  I need push aside the urge to find "the" project and just start making something.  I'm not even sure the perfect project actually exists for any fabric.

This goes for my stash of old clothes, too.  I keep some of them to make clothes for the kids, but they sit and sit while I think of the perfect project.  I need to just cut into them and see where it goes.

I spent a lot of 2010 searching for the perfect size pattern for each of the boys.  I would know the fit that I was looking for, but couldn't find the right pattern.  Instead of just cutting up the fabric and adjusting as necessary even if it meant scrapping that one and trying again, I would just do nothing.

So I'm keeping it simple this year with just one goal: stop thinking and just begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment