Wednesday, December 29, 2010

rooster fabric basket


I loved these baskets so much that I decided to make one for my mother-in-law. But wanted to make it bigger. I also changed the look in a few different ways.

Notice the tab-type handles that I secured with a button instead of the loop-type handles in the other baskets.


I also decided not to roll the lining over the front edge of the baskets this time. I went with the more conventional hole-in-the-lining method so the front and lining fabrics matched up at the top. The only downside to this method, in my opinion, is sewing the lining closed. I prefer to handstitch the lining closed for a much cleaner look, and it's not hard . . . it just takes more time.

This basket measures 12 inches long by 6 inches wide and 8 inches tall. The perfect size to fit another gift: handspun merino wool from Debbie B that I purchased from her Etsy shop. This earth tone is fantastically beautiful! I can't wait to see what it turns into.




I really, really like this rooster print. A little modern country, I think. As usual, I have extra to make myself a little something.

3 comments:

  1. I love the rooster print too! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get this fabric, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, I picked up this fabric at JoAnn Fabrics. That was over a year ago, so I'm not sure if they still carry it.

    ReplyDelete