Sunday, May 9, 2010

a very happy mother's day


Just posting briefly to wish everyone a very happy Mother's Day today.  I hope it's warmer elsewhere in the world because this is what it looks like here.


You probably can't tell but it's cold and snowing.  And it's been snowing all morning.  I rescued the flowers from our yard.  I would rather them be inside safe inside a vase than outside in the cold, blustery snow.

But I must confess the real reason I'm posting.  Look what I got for Mother's Day . . .


That's right.  It's a serger!  I can't believe it.  I told the hub earlier this week that I wanted a new watch because he said that he didn't have a gift for me yet.  I don't know why I always fall for that.  So there I was at 8am this morning dreaming of how I would look in my new watch when Logan, with some help, brought up a very large box containing this magnificent gift.

Oh how I adore my family.  And not because they get me great gifts.  But I haven't sewing for long and this gift, to me, signifies the support they offer to me and my hobby.  The hub researched these on his own and for not knowing anything about needles, thread, or what a serger even does, he did a great job.

So thank you, dear family, for the laughs, hugs, joy and support that you give me every day.  I will now be retiring to my play area to fiddle with my new toy for the rest of the day.  If you need anything, see Dad.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Tim! I am impressed. Michelle, you are going to have so much fun with your serger.
    I wouldn't know how to use one. Is it easy to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Mother's Day Michelle ... Tim, you are the best hubby! Have fun with your new toy Michelle!!!

    ReplyDelete