Sunday, April 4, 2010

scrappy hot pads


I've spent the last several weeks on lengthy projects to donate to others, so I decided to spend a couple of hours making something quick for me. 

I have a problem keeping track of hot pads.  Following the way of the sock, I only have one left of each set that I've ever had in my lifetime.  That means I have a total of two hot pads.  I have to use the same hot pads for picking up hot stuff that I use for resting hot stuff which often leads to a tricky maneuver that I have all but mastered.  So I thought it would just be easier to make myself more with some scraps.


I used two layers of heat-resistant padding the middle, and I'm glad I did.  Believe it or not (because I'm not sure I do), the hub convinced me to use two layers.  I wasn't sure I actually needed two layers but I figured more was probably better.  Have you ever used a hotpad and been able to feel much of the heat almost burning your skin?  Not fun.  More is definitely better in this situation.  After they were done, he felt the thickness and accused me of ignoring his advice (like I would do that).  So two layers is definitely the way to go.

And I get to keep them.

1 comment: