Saturday, March 13, 2010

fabric for donation quilts


I just wanted to post briefly about the fabric I picked up for two of the Project Night Night quilts that I will be making this month.  I decided to assemble four bags instead of two, each containing a blanket, an age-appropriate book, and a stuffed animal.  These bags are destined for a local homeless shelter to offer comfort to the children staying there.

I am pretty disappointed that I missed this section at JoAnn's when I was picking out fabric for Logan's quilt.  It's a small section labeled "Juvenile Prints" and there isn't much to it, but I found the two lovely prints in the middle along with a few robot and dinosaur prints.  Logan would have gone nuts over the dinosaur prints!  Oh well, I guess I will just have to make him a bed size quilt or pillow or something else with those.

I haven't quite nailed down the technique I will be using to put the quilts together.  But since these two will each contain two layers of cotton fabric with batting sandwiched in the middle, I think it's safe to call them quilts.  I will look for something a little quicker for the next two, but I have time to quilt these.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute fabric! The JoAnn's by us has a lot of cute juvenile prints. I bought some cute green & blue frogs print that has a quote about reading (I forgot at the moment what it is.) I'm going to make a story telling apron for work with some pockets on the front to put finger puppets, felt board pieces, etc.
    A lady at work belongs to a group that makes fleece blankets for the kids at Children's Hospital. They use all the cute fleece prints that are out there. Might be an idea for you Project Night Night.

    ReplyDelete