Saturday, January 2, 2010

quilted photo bag


I made this bag for my mother-in-law as a Christmas gift. I always give her something that shows off her grandkids and this time I thought I could incorporate a photo pouch into the bag. I gave her a small bag last year (one of my first attempts at bags that, looking back, was actually quite terrible craftmanship). I definitely think that this year's bag tops that one, but it probably could be bigger.


I used this tutorial to make the bag. I found a roll of really neat fabric "jellies" (precut strips of fabric in coordinating colors) to speed along the project. I added the photo pouch on my own using some kind of clear vinyl remnant (like the kind people use to cover furniture) that I found at JoAnn's--I had no idea what to use it for at the time, but for $0.50 I knew I would figure out something. This was my second adventure with quilting and I had much more fun this time probably because this small scale bag was a lot less intimidating than the larger baby quilt I finally finished for Trenton a few months ago.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite bag! And the size is just right. I like small bags to keep small knitting projects in and it was perfect when I was at the hospital with my dh. I carried my latest knitting project and a book in it. Perfect size! And I always like to show off my grandkids; the bag got a lot of attention from many of the nurses. Shae

    ReplyDelete